Whether you’re drawn to Arizona because of its never ending sunshine, gorgeous natural surroundings or unprecedented opportunities for capital appreciation — there are many reasons this state has become so attractive to investors everywhere.
- Arizona is one of the fastest growing states in the U.S..
- Arizona’s population grows by about 100,000 each year, with 6,392,017 people living in the state in 2010.
- Over 4.3 million people live in the Phoenix metropolitan area.
- Mild winters, hot summers and diverse terrain including mountains, forest, and the Grand Canyon make Arizona a natural wonder.
- Arizona’s largest employer is the state government, and Wal-Mart is the largest private employer.
- In April 2011, the Arizona Department of Commerce reported job growth for the first time in three years, with an estimated 17,300 non-farm jobs to be added. An addition of 34,600 jobs is projected for 2012.
- Two-thirds of the nation’s copper output comes from Arizona, and in 2012, the Commerce Department predicts a 4.3 percent increase in mining sector jobs due to rising demand for Arizona copper.
- Arizona’s median household income is $50,958 and the median age is 35.
- Current single-family home prices are at the same level as they were in 2000.
- Scottsdale economist and real estate developer Elliott Pollack believes home prices will rise about 60 per cent by 2014.
- Pollack also estimates an excess of 50,000 to 70,000 single-family homes in metro Phoenix alone.
Ready to browse available rentals in Arizona?